vendredi 20 janvier 2017

Hi TSF

Hi!

Just popping in to say hello! Seems like a great place, wish I knew about it earlier!

A little bit about me:

I'm from Telford in Shropshire, I have followed snooker since the early 90's but kind of fell out of love with watching it during the mid 2000's whilst I was at university, I still played here and there but not a great deal. I have recently gotten back into watching snooker on TV and realised how much I've missed it, a lot of new names and faces since I properly used to watch it!

Growing up I've always been a pool player, playing at pubs and clubs whilst at university (it was more accessible/social compared to snooker). I would say I'm pretty good, above average on a UK pool table, can usually clear a table more often than not if given a chance thanks to spending pretty much all my time in the SU.

Over Christmas I was asked if I wanted to go play snooker so jumped at the chance as it had been years, maybe roughly since 2006 since I last played snooker. I was absolutely awful! I mean I couldn't get into double figures every time I made any kind of score, it was really frustrating especially knowing I'm decent at pool and usually have a good eye for angles. Certain shots seemed fine, I knew what I needed to do, I'd get in my stance and line it up and the ball would go nowhere near the pocket it seemed like the balls had a mind of their own! lol.

Since that day I've been determined to get better at snooker, I can't accept being poor at anything so I've decided to start regularly going on weekends, working on my technique, stance, action, pretty much starting from scratch for snooker as I feel it's a completely different beast compared to pool.

Telford isn't the greatest for social activity so we pretty much only have the one snooker club here, it's close by so that's a plus, I think once I get into the swing of things and get better I would like to maybe join some kind of league somewhere close by if they exist.

Hope you are all well!

Take Care
XLNC
Hi TSF

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire