jeudi 12 janvier 2017

Stance Problem

Hi all,

First post on the snooker forum and was wondering if anybody could help.

My problem is stance.

Sometimes I can get down on the shot and it all falls into place and I can pot pretty much any ball (definitely the short to medium range pots) on the table and when I feel like this I can cue up and down the spots no problem with a lot of speed.

But then sometimes (most of the time) I get down on the shot and I feel really unbalanced and when I get this feeling I can't even pot half ball blacks off the spot and they are consistently missing to the same spot (until I start whacking it out of pure frustration).

The only way I can possibly pot them is by hitting them at snails pace and looking at the cueball to conciously make the cue go through straight.

The balance feels mostly on my right straight leg but when I am in the correct position it feels even.

When in the uncomfortable stance my grip hand arm hangs in towards my body but when in the good stance it is dead straight.

Also, in the uncomfortable stance if I feed the cue through really really really slow with my eyes closed the cue goes to the left when I hit the right point on my chest but sometimes to the right if I drop my elbow/shoulder slightly too early and the cue doesn't stay parallel and cue under my body (I know I need to get rid of the latter but thought I would mention it).

This also makes sense when cueing up and down the spots as they return to the left or right to a consistent position.

The things I have checked are:

- Bending from the hips and not being scrunched up
- Hips are swung far out to the left
- Right foot is on the line of aim
- Right foot pointed 45 degrees to the right
- Left foot pointed down the line of aim
- Left foot slightly in front of the right
- Feet roughly shoulder width apart
- Standing same distance from table
- Back of cue is above the nipple to the right
- Everythings in the same position on the cue (bridge/grip/chin/chest)
- I always get down on the shot the same



I feel like the problem is the arm not being straight but If I simply straighten it whilst in the uncomfortable stance it's just the same so I am thinking if I sort the stance it will sort the arm and then be ok.

I have read that your weight should be on the left but can't figure out how you can get the weight onto your left hand side whilst keeping your chin on the cue. It just feels weird when I try getting down on the shot like this.

Another thing worth mentioning when I am down on the shot if I aim approx 15-20cm to the left then it feels relatively comfortable again. That to me says I am not swinging the hips far enough but I have already tried that and it feels the same.

I know I should go and see a coach and I do intend too but would have to travel as I can't find anyone local to me and am not in a position to do so at the moment.

Can anyone think what I might be doing wrong to be so unbalanced from one day to the next (or even one shot to the next)?

Dan
Stance Problem

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire