lundi 25 avril 2016

Best old table?

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice regarding purchasing a second hand snooker table.

I've been lucky enough to have had my own table at home for a few years now and it's time for an upgrade.

Ideally I’d like to find a table that needs refurbishing as it's something me and my Dad have been talking about doing together for years.

I've read every thread in the table section on here about second hand tables and have managed to get myself completely confused!

I really love the look of older tables compared to tables with painted legs like the Aristocrat and Star tables.
I much prefer a nice old turned leg, so older, at least in appearance is one decision made.

I also would prefer older Welsh or Irish slate.

Steel block cushions on the other hand, I'm not so sure?
If there was a fantastic table that didn’t have them, I defiantly wouldn’t let it put me off.

Another concern is the option to upgrade the pockets for today’s style of play, no one likes playing a perfect split only for the blue to be spat back on to the table!
Also, adjustable slate supports?
I have no idea if some old tables can’t be up graded?

So basically, I think it's,
  • An older style table.
  • Turned legs.
  • Welsh or Irish slate.
  • Option to upgrade pockets.


I'm in no rush as I messed up when I bought my last table, I want to take my time and be on the lookout for the right table this time.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.


Richard
Best old table?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire