lundi 2 janvier 2017

The Champions Way - Steve Davis coaching video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2HBrfDJ6n0

Apologies if this has been posted recently. First time I've watched this... Strangely I've never bothered watching a coaching vid before; it's quite lengthy but was a nice refresher for me and I even learned a couple of new minor tips from it. Steve has a great knack of explaining things concisely and in very simple terms.

I particularly enjoyed the simple basic advice at 31:00-36:00min - 1. Emphasise Pause at backswing 2. Concentrate on object ball 3. Strike confidently 4. Keep your head down and totally still all the way until ball is pocketed

However, after watching it and going for a quick practice session, I played horrific - mainly because I was focusing on Davis' emphasis on looking at the object ball on delivery!

I don't know what I do naturally. My sighting process and cue ball-to-object ball sighting/feathering is all subconscious and natural. I've never given it a second thought... Up until this point I can't 100% say I look at the object ball at strike, although I surely must do otherwise I'd miss every pot.

Has anyone found they play worse after watching a coaching video for the first time?

Over the last year I've only been playing once every three weeks, but I've now got three whole weeks off work before starting a new job, so for the hell of it I'm going all out and going to put in table time every day for at least 2 hours a time. See where I end up...
The Champions Way - Steve Davis coaching video

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire