vendredi 1 avril 2016

Played Snooker for the First Time

*Coaching Question at the Bottom*

As the title says, I played snooker for the first time in my life. It was a 12' table. Not sure of the brand. The pockets were such that 2 balls would get stuck in the opening, so I'm guessing average?? Not sure how you would classify the speed. I did play the CB down the spots at a reasonable pace without too much effort. It went up and down 5.5 times. To me that's fast.

My main thoughts:

- Pockets were tight. Two balls wouldn't fit in the opening.
- It's super fast.
- As an American coming from a strictly 9 ball background, I was expecting to be overwhelmed. I wasn't. It's definitely much more difficult than regular pool, but not as impossible as I thought it was going to be.
- Even though it wasn't as hard as I expected, I still missed more shots than I made.

Although I did manage to make a few spectacular shots. The best was playing the pink off the spot to get to the black. CB was near the side pocket by the blue spot. I played the pink with low inside, the CB drew to the side rail. Then spin behind the black to get perfect position in the opposite corner to where the pink was played.


*Coaching Question*

This pool hall is too far for me to visit all the time, but I do plan on going at least once or twice a month to practice. I plan on mostly doing the line up, but if anyone has any other advice or drills, please let me know.

On a side note, this really was my first time playing. I will for sure try the line up next time I go (in a few weeks). Any takers on what my high will be? My average after 10 attempts? Video may be coming.
Played Snooker for the First Time

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire