mercredi 8 juin 2016

Beginner's cue quest..

Hi everyone,
I'm about to start playing snooker more and in search of a cue.
I'm very much beginner standard.. something around a 16 break would be amazing for me. Normally only a 1 or 8 if I'm lucky however at the moment.
I only have a very cheap cue.. I hate it as it sticks to my hand as it has really bad varnish.. so much so that I normally switch to a rack cue..

I'm not sure whether to spend too much or not as I'm obviously very much a beginner..
So far I'm considering 4 options and would love some advice from more experienced players..
I could see if I can sand the varnish off with some 2000 wet&dry or wire wool and then apply some raw linseed oil.. and then stick with this cue for a bit..
Or purchase something like a Woods Cue for around £69 inc case and extensions.. (mixed reviews but not many)
Or buy something like a Peradon.. maybe a Cannon Vista.. for around £90.. (just cue)
Or splash the boat out and purchase something like one of ADR147's cues.. (I've not seen many reviews, but what I've seen, they've been good)

I assume I've missed some other options for other cues that are available too... so any others you can think of or any advice in general is greatly appreciated! Perhaps the 2nd hand market could be a good option for me?

Many thanks

PS. I'm average build, 5'9.. so was thinking of something around 57/58" 18/19oz.. 9.5/10mm tip..
Beginner's cue quest..

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire