mercredi 17 février 2016

Tunnel vision v periphery

Hi,

Firstly, can I just say that I turned down a black for a pink yesterday in honour of Ronnie - made 19, why make 20? Lol

Peeled another slice of the snooker onion.

Yesterday, I entered a state where I was "aiming when down". Ok, not aiming, let me explain:

I usually look at BOB and get down focussing on a tiny point on OB.

As I feather, I keep focus on BOB and have a couple of v quick glances at CB. Then strike looking at OB.

Ok - yesterday I seemed to find that by NOT focussing on a tiny speck on OB, but by just widening out my focus to include BOB, table and CB and cue, I suddenly saw where my cue was aiming. I saw where the centre of white was! I have been locking on to BOB so much I just guessed where the rest was.

This looser focus showed me where the cue was and my feathers, with this "full picture" actually meant something.

Does anyone have the faintest clue what I mean? I read and watched A LOT of stuff which said to just lock on to BOB, and it's a massive part of accuracy, but have I possibly removed sighting from my game? I was never sure what I was doing with the looks at CB: the eye rhythm seems like focussing on 2 areas.....like looking at a target, then your hand, then target then hand....!! This defocus thing I have got to before and seems like I play better.

I still aim stood up btw I just mean I can actually see the shot and cue direction when down. I now find myself adjusting a fraction when down - not aiming; just adjusting to the line I saw when up.

Anyone know what I mean ? Comments welcome!
Tunnel vision v periphery

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire