dimanche 10 avril 2016

Just acquired a new table

Well, it's an old table. I've not played for a long time, and intend to get back into it as well as see if I can get my kids interested in something other than a computer screen! :)

For a steal of £50 I picked up a slate bed 6 foot antique table-top snooker table. It weighs enough that two big blokes struggled to lift it! I don't know where to start with identifying it. There's a few numbers underneath on the timber framing which don't appear to mean anything, at least to me or Google but nothing else. I've had a couple of cushions off to see what the condition is like behind those (excellent!) but can't see anything of use.
Is it worth looking into something like that, or just enjoying the table as it stands?

Also it came with 4 cues, one I've already sold onto a collector with a prize badge on it dated 1884. Two 3/4 length cues which I imagine came with the table and another single-piece cue with no ID marks other than a 17 oz weight stamp. Would it be worth grabbing any pics and uploading here/onto the Cue forum?

Incidentally the table itself is great. I intend to re-cloth it at some point soon. There's a couple of "divots" in the slate, does anyone have any tips on what to use to fill those? Both feel extremely round rather than chip marks or something.
Just acquired a new table

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire