lundi 14 décembre 2015

Hello There

Hi,
Decided to sign up after spending some time reading the excellent Snooker History threads.
My family hail from Abertwsswg so i was brought up hearing tales of the great amateur teams and challenge matches taking place there and around the valleys during the 50's and 60's.
i took up playing under my grandfathers wing as a 9 year old on a 6x3 Joe Davis table in the kitchen, then joining my local club in Cwmbran at 13 just as the game was exploding during the early 80's.
Played at club level during my early teens but sold my soul to rock and roll by the age of 17. Despite this I remained attracted magnetically to any sort of table that might be in any establishment I have visited, not being able to resist picking up a cue or white ball to run across the baize. I have played sporadically over the decades, once a week socially a decade ago but nothing in the last 7 years until a young man I support asked me to take him for a game. I dug out my cue and looked forward to rattling in a couple. I was bloody awful! But loved it andcant wait to go again and intend to make more regular social outings to the club.
Anyways, loving what I have read of this forum and look forward to chatting to many of you

Jon
Hello There

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire