samedi 26 novembre 2016

Escape to the Country - Awesome billiard table.

I've literally accidentally caught an episode of Escape to the Country (which I think originally aired in 2009) and the guests were being shown round pretty much a manor house. One of the rooms was a billiard room with an absolutely wonderful looking table, apparently original from 1850 - with under slate heating built in AND electronic scoring via buttons built into the rails, attached to a scoring system on the wall.
I can't find any information on the internet about it; does anyone know what I'm talking about, and better yet does anyone have an information/history on such a table? I'm absolutely intrigued!

I can't remember much about it as it was only in shot briefly, but other than the buttons built into the rails, distinguishing features included pockets that stood really proud out the side of the rails (probably about an inch or so on the middle pockets) and the heating pipework underneath was big, several pipes that could have easily been 2 - 3" diameter.
Escape to the Country - Awesome billiard table.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire