mercredi 6 juillet 2016

Cue Weight and Grip

J6 made an interesting point on his thread and I wondered if preferred cue weight has something to do with grip? As a ring gripper with a light to medium grip with the rear fingers fairly loose, I use a 17oz cue with a 18.5 BP. I've found oddly, that I can generate more cue power with this rascal and its 10mm tip than my other cue at 19oz with a 9.4mm tip. So the acceleration I generate with a lighter cue more than makes up for the loss of weight (in the momentum scheme of things) I guess. I find my timing better with a lighter cue. This is exactly opposite to what some other players have found with heavier cues and I wonder if it's because I have a lighter grip and fast fingers and they have a heavier, tighter, more agricultural grip; the pick it up and hit someone with it grip that Davis advised? I am in no way saying either grip is better per se. But I've noticed other players with lighter cues and lighter grips around as well.

Are you a heavy cue guy with a heaver grip, a lighter cue guy with a lighter grip or something in between? Is there some physics in this boffins?
Cue Weight and Grip

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire