dimanche 31 juillet 2016

Help appreciated!

Hi all,

I haven't exactly contributed a lot to this coaching forum since I joined late last year, mainly because I don't think I know enough about technique to help anyone. Since joining though, I have (sadly!) probably read the majority of threads in an attempt to learn more about good technique.

I picked snooker up again just before Christmas after a 6 or 7 year break, having played it for 10 years very regularly before stopping. I played in the local league with a highest break of 67. Highest practice break is 87 (twice), so I guess I can pot.

My problem is one I've read many times on this forum, a frustrated player stuck in a rut basically! Not really improving a great deal and most frustratingly just wildly inconsistent. I just want to try and be the best I can be and I feel I'm nowhere near that right now.

I've seen two coaches and they both said I set up ok. The second coach I saw changed my stance to get more hip clearance because he noticed I was cueing around my hip. This also seemed to be affecting my alignment a little, but the general takeaway was that I have the fundamentals down quite well. Trouble is, when I saw both coaches I actually potted quite well so it probably didn't seem like I was struggling too much!

One of the main areas I think I have a problem with is my cue arm shoulder. It's hidden behind the head most of the time but it's not as high up as it could be and I feel like the shoulder is getting involved too early in the shot. Sometimes I get down and it feels more solid and braced, but I can't seem to get in that position consistently, despite trying a few things recommended on here (most from that epic cue arm & shoulder thread).

Anyway long story short, I filmed myself doing a bit of a line up and was very, very surprised how much movement I have. I'm actually surprised I can pot anything. But I wondered if I make the video available to you guys, one or two of you might spare 5 minutes to have a look and see if you can spot anything else that might help?

It would be very gratefully appreciated. I'm losing my marbles with this game!

Many thanks in advance,

Martin
Help appreciated!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire