jeudi 21 juillet 2016

'Hand Made' Cues - Do they have any inherent value?

The huge level of machinery in cue workshops from bespoke cue makers.

If the majority of the work done (and the shaft is very important) on a cue is completed using machines is the cue really 'hand made'?

Cue Craft will happily make me a cue for £100 to my specs. They'll use lathes, jigs, sanding machines, tenon machines for the ferrule; you name it. I won't care; I'll get a machine made cue to my specs, with a bit of hand plane finishing for not many beans. Is it then acceptable for cue makers to charge £300, £500, £1000, £1200 on a cue made the same way to the same specs?

Do you see value if cue 'makers' are using industrial processes. J6 is different, he's manually putting a lot into his cue and making sure they play well. I see value there.
'Hand Made' Cues - Do they have any inherent value?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire