jeudi 7 juillet 2016

Elbow position

I'm relatively new to snooker, been lifting a cue since I was young though but I started frequently practicing snooker two months ago. I learned how to line up a shot since snooker has such fine margins (opposed to pool and billiards). My footwork and stance is alright now. The real issue is my elbow, have not been able to fix this (bad) habbit in my transition yet.

My elbow tilts away from my body when I'm down on the shot. All players (decent) I've watched in my club, their elbow lines up straight almost perfectly.

As is clearly visible in this picture. The elbow points up nicely, perfectly in line with the cue:



When I watch myself in the mirror my elbow leans right a few degrees. Something like this:



Note that my elbow stays in that position right from the start, I'm not moving it whilst I'm striking the ball.

Question: is this a problem? Could this affect my shot? I assume so since all players do it differently. But maybe this works just fine since it's my natural habit.

In other words, should I work on this (bad) habit. I've tried lifting my elbow straight but it feels really unnatural, seems pretty hard to fix.

Thanks in advance.
Elbow position

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire