vendredi 4 novembre 2016

ADR147 vs Maximus Ultimate

Images of cues
http://ift.tt/2eupAM7

Introduction
I've owned both sets of cues, 1 Maximus Ultimate and 2 ADR147 (see imgur album). My second ADR147 (the one with decorative splices) was too short for me at 57" so I sold it on. The cues are very similar, so i'm going to do a comparison point by point.

Splicing
Both manufacturers have excellent splicing, every splice on ever cue was very accurately done. In this category I would say both manufacturers are equal.

Shafts
Once again I would say that both manufactures are equal here, of the 3 cues I've owned they have all have extremely straight grained shafts with excellent arrows. All 3 shafts have played well in their own way, my plain ADR147 is very good in among the balls but balls but is a little weak on longer shots. Where as my Maximus is great at long shots but requires a much more solid cue action to develop the spin needed to keep position at times. Back to the spliced ADR147 Which was a mix of both worlds really, it was decent in the balls and decent at range but it felt as if it was lacking when compared to the other too (this might just have been that the cue was too short and I was struggling to get a decent follow through on the stroke with it).

Taper
I personally prefer the Maximus' taper as it seems to be a little thicker of a taper. I think this just comes down to personal preference So I cant really say one is better than the other here and the difference is so small you really have to look to see it.

Finish
The finish on my first ADR147 was smooth but when you compare it to my second ADR147 and Maximus it feels rough. When I look at the grain filler on my first ADR147 it seems to be fading away where the cue comes into contact with my bridge hand and chin. But the second AD147R had an excellent finish, and was by far the best of the three. considering I got the second ADR147 about 6 months after the first one, it might have Give ADR147 time to perfect the finish on his cues.

Pricing
The price for the ADR147s is second to none, you really can not argue with the prices he charges (approximate £125-£175 per cue through eBay, less if you go direct), where as the Maximus Ultimates I've seen going for £350-£550 on Greenbaizes website.

Conclusion
From my small sample size of only 3 cues, I would say that the Maximus Ultimates are the better cue but only by slightly. Although I think the Maximus' are better cues I would still recommend ADR147s' cues over them as you honestly can't beat their value for money and there performance rivals the Maximus which is approximately 3 times its price for a similar design.

Specs of cues in question
ADR147 Plain ebony butt: 9mm tip, 30mm butt, 18oz weight, 17"bp, 58" length.
Maximus Ultimate: 9.2mm tip, 30mm butt, 18oz weight, 17"bp, 58" length.
ADR147 Decorative splices: 9.5mm tip, 30mm butt, 17oz weight, 17"bp, 57" length
ADR147 vs Maximus Ultimate

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire