samedi 31 décembre 2016

Greetings from the Great White North

Happy New Year! It's still morning here in Ontario, Canada, and the snow is falling.

I was introduced to snooker in my teens by a buddy with, shall we say, an incomplete understanding of the rules. Over the years I played snooker, 8 ball, 9 ball and English billiards as time permitted, but not particularly well or often. Now that the kids have left home, and my neighbour has acquired and refurbished a beautiful, hundred year old 6x12, we play snooker twice a week over the winter. It's Canada, so it's a lengthy season!

I've finally reached the stage of life where I have time and some disposable income for a decent cue, and just when I get there I find my eyes aren't what they once were. While my long potting is suffering as a result, my enjoyment of this great game just keeps on growing. I look forward to scouring through the forum and probably making an occasional post.

All the very best for 2017!!
Greetings from the Great White North

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire