samedi 24 décembre 2016

Gripping cue in the palm with wrist turned in

My natural grip is to hold the cue very much in the palm with my wrist turned very predominantly inwards. I've held the cue like this in all my years playing.

I have recently been watching a lot of snooker and noticing how none of the professionals i have been observing have a grip like mine (maybe there are some but I don't know of any???) which got me thinking that I needed to try altering my wrist position to a more 'conventional' one.

I've been experimenting with this for the last few weeks with generally poor results. I have therefore decided to stick with my natural grip as it gives me more consistency and better results plus it is natural and I don't need to think about it every shot.

Are there any merits to my grip and should I keep holding the cue this way or do I really need to get rid of this sub-optimal technique?

Looking forward to hearing some feedback on this. Thanks in advance.
Gripping cue in the palm with wrist turned in

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire