dimanche 11 décembre 2016

Practice

I have usually concentrated on routines like the line up, and other simple routines which mainly involve potting and CB control.

Now, while I have made immense progress since I started in understanding what the contacts do (just seeing natural angle and what screw does to the path took me a while), and generating screw (which I am now pretty proficient at)....I am still hampered by poor potting. This prevents me moving on, as I am confident in my brain work to build breaks and control white, I just pick the wrong angle, or med range pots are a lottery unless I am on my game.

I am considering ditching all this for a bit and try just repeating pots over and over. Hit 50 hb blacks, then 50 from other side. Then try a shot along Cush, over and over until that pot is second nature.

A coach once told me doing the same shot 100x teaches way more than 100 random shots. I guess this is because it lays down a "groove" in your brain for that angle and weight and your brain finds that more usefum than lots of random data, if that makes sense.

Would you recommend, for me as a 10-20 breaker with a rare 30, to focus on pots.

I know practice is everything I just want to make the most of my time.

Cheers
Practice

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire