dimanche 31 janvier 2016

Aiming

I have heard of ghost ball and BOB.

Good players in advance of my paltry 28 best break:

How do you actually aim?

I tried gb for ages then got results from picking a spot. Sometimes my spot picking is well off.

Now, I look at the ball and walk around it. I find the spot and try to hit it. Problem is we have a spherical thing to hit it with - not a rifle. So now I have tried a hybrid of the 2 methods - visualising the contact points on BOTH balls and their position at impact.

Oddly, some pots, I walk right into them, see a perfect ghost ball and I just knock it in. Had this with a really tricky long blue but I saw the ghost ball so clearly I could even almost pick the part of the pocket I wanted it to hit. Other times, I am left with a fairly simple half ball pink and I miss the pot by 6 inches on the cushion. I don't think I have missed anything up to a half ball blue in years - I see the Bob on these, not ghost ball. Thin cuts my mind uses ghost ball and also it uses the overlap method - picking the spot between the overlap. Sometimes I see a 3:4 pot, just think in terms of 3:4 coverage and it goes in. I get this on long yellows and greens.

Some pots I just see and get down and hit them. Others I have to work out as above. Other pots I can't work out - balls close or angled reds.

I have no idea if this is what others do
Aiming

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire