vendredi 15 janvier 2016

New Andy Travis cue received today! A review after an afternoons play

So I received my Andy Travis pool cue today, first thing was how quick the cue was made, compared to other cue makers. My first contact with Andy was on Boxing Day and less than 3 weeks later I have the cue in my hand. Very pleased with swift turnaround.

Here's what I asked for:

8mm tip
57"
29.25 butt
17oz
1 piece ash with a maple veneer and rosewood front splice, yes it's a simple design that we have all seen many times but in my eyes it's a timeless classic.
The cue came well packaged, it took me about 20 mins to get through to it, a lot of care has gone into this cue from start to finish.

After finally getting to the cue what struck me first is the finish, absolutely glass smooth, the shaft has around 4-5 arrows with a nice distance between them all, I'm not too keen on ash shafts that have umpteen arrows, the total look and feel of the cue I would describe as classy.

Took it down the club for a bit, from the first shot I was happy, it's lighter, longer and slightly stiffer than what I'm used to but within the hour I completely forgot I had a new cue and it felt very natural.

I'm now sat in the VIP lounge at Ally Pally awaiting the Higgins - Bingham game, on my way home I'm going to swing by a club for a bit more.

I would like to say thank you to Andy for the cue, I got exactly what I asked for with a quick turnaround at a great price and a cue that would easily rival any of the premium cue makers work at a fraction of the waiting time. Should I ever need another cue (the way I felt today with it, it won't be necessary) but if I do it will definitely be going Andys way
New Andy Travis cue received today! A review after an afternoons play

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire