dimanche 24 janvier 2016

getting through the ball

When I feel I am cueing well, I note how well I'm getting through the ball.

So, this feels to me that all shots are hit hard or firmly. Even low pace shots are played with short bs but still getting through with high velocity or acceleration.

Both the coaches I have seen have tried to slow it down - feathers slower, no snatching etc- they tell me to be really controlled in the shot.

I find now I am not getting through the ball, I'm not accelerating through it and my stroke is timid.

How do you reconcile a controlled strike with proper acceleration? When I've been on fire I note how hard I am going through the ball.

granted slowing my feathers and backing has helped, but we still need to get some power in the stroke right?

I try to think "acceleration at impAct" but this game doesn't really work well with words. On the rare occasion I am in the zone, I have not been thinking about anything, it felt like how it feels when I master a new guitar piece- it's just muscle memory or something.

So, how should I approach ny actual stroke - if we control power with bs length, I can play a 5cm backswing as hard as possible, or I could play it at 0.00000001 mph and prob double kiss!

How much in % terms power is applied ? 80% like golf?

Cheers
getting through the ball

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire