jeudi 24 mars 2016

Types of snooker (the verb not the noun)

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the different types of snookers that exist – and one in particular. I'm not certain if they all have names but I've tried really hard to Google an answer to this but I think the problem is the noun vs verb issue.

Anyway, to make my question easier I have created a very crude image of what I mean in the one particular example. In this example imagine that you approach the table and are on the final red, what I've tried to show is that the cue ball has been left in such a position that you can't actually hit the red ball directly. What is this snooker called?



Myself and my friends have always (seemingly wrongly) referred to this as a 'Chinese snooker', however after some googling (and sifting through endless photos of Ding Junhui) I understand this to be a Chinese snooker (where your bridge arm has to be higher up to get over a ball very close to it):



So my question is; what is the first one called?

Are there other types of snookers that have names?

Original Source: Snooker Questions - Post New Thread http://ift.tt/1T7PYK7
- TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook
Types of snooker (the verb not the noun)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire