mardi 25 octobre 2016

Do you hold the cue in the same place?

Hi all,

After playing snooker for the last 30 years with the same cue I decided to buy a new cue today. The main reason for this was because I had my cue shortened by 3 inches around 10 years ago (I'm only 5ft 4in and thought it would improve my game), and whilst I have played well with it I felt I couldn't perform some shots as well as I wasn't following through like I used to.

Anyway, I've bought a cue that has quite a distinctive grain in the ash that goes near to the top of the cue (a bit like Kyren Wilson's), and when I played a few shots with it in the shop I thought the grain helped me sight the shot. Now that I've bought the cue and spent a few hours playing with it I'm finding it a pain to hold it in the same place so the grain lines up with my shot! I'm wondering if this is just down to playing with a new cue and I should stick to holding it in the same place, i.e looking at my hand and cue and checking it's in the right place before I play my shot, as I'm acquiring a new skill I'm thinking this should become automatic after a while. After checking my hand and cue position I find myself twisting my wrist to line up the grain which I don't think is a good thing. On the other hand should I ignore the grain etc and just get on with the shot?

Thanks for any replies.
Do you hold the cue in the same place?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire