dimanche 18 septembre 2016

Hitting from the elobow

I can't find the thread I read 2 weeks ago but ut suggested hitting from the elbow, a term I have not heard of before.

I have given it a go the last 3 session as I have been a little erratic lately and won 8-1, 4-0 and 7-1 today, the 7-1 against a partner who has beaten me the last 3 weeks previously.

Although I haven't quite got it I've had 3x 60's, 3x 50's a couple of 40's and countless 30's so not quite there but scoring most times. and safety has improved dramatically in control to baulk cushion.

I would like to know a little more as at the moment I am imagining my elbow movement for control where previously my focus seemed to be on hand opening / closing and feeling it.

Concentrating on my elbow has made everything a stroke (I imagine the feel like a 10ft putt at golf) and even helped my pause.

The only thing creeping in at the moment when pausing is fighting that inner "give it crack" when not quite confident; still managing to deliver it smoothly on most longer shots but I can hear a couple of the monkeys arguing which is distracting my rhythm on the odd occasion.

As I haven't heard of this term before (hitting from the elbow), I thought I would ask if there's anything else to this thinking while I am trying to adopt it into my game.

By the way, whoever brought it up up, cheers, feels like it has some foundation to help me along a bit!
Hitting from the elobow

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire